background

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

old map art

things i love: old maps. there's just something about them... i cant get enough! i hoard them. i have a ridiculous amount. you may certainly commission me to make a wonderful piece of wall art based on specific locations...


this was my first.  i've had offers on it and turned them all down.  however... for a price... anything is possible!  all maps i ever use are vintage, pre 1980's, i have many maps as early as the 1930's and 40's.


these are from my collection of rare ocean floor maps from the 1960's. 



this is my most recent map project.  it's wonderful.  the squares are 2inx2in and the size of the canvas is 5ftx4ft. 

it features road maps of the Western US, and the colors are incredible. the maps are all from the 70's.
i also have a lot of these cute little map squares.  i think they're 5 in. squares?  they are adorable. 

arent maps awesome?  i think so. 


2 comments:

  1. these are beautiful! i LOVE how you piece different maps together... it's like you're creating a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE these!! Jonathan is a maps feign and I adore old maps in particular - I have a few but I'm sure not nearly as many as you. I love what you've done with them! You're such an artist.

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete