background

Saturday, October 2, 2010

i cant believe i am typing these words.  my son died.  my sweet baby boy, i cant believe he's gone just like that.  he had only been with us three weeks but he's been an extension of my body for so long now.  i feel like a part of me is just... gone.  and it hurts so bad.  my whole body aches for my son. 

we'll be having a memorial service at grace brethren in long beach probably friday. 

i guess i should explain a little of what happened, so people dont have to wonder if you dont know.  it was wednesday night.  hudson was sleeping next to me on the bed.  jordan was working on the computer, i was dozing before hudson's last feeding before bed.  jordan looked over at us and saw blood, on the bed, next to hudson's face.  it was coming out of his mouth, and his nose.  and then he was gone.  just like that.  so quickly, from our lives.  there was nothing anyone could do.  the paramedics were here within minutes.  i think technically he died at the hospital but i know he died here at home, sleeping next to his momma.

oh, we love that boy.  we wont ever stop loving him.  he just fit so perfectly into our family.  i was so sure he was here to stay.  we had so many plans that included him.  so excited for him to be here. 

his car seat sits by the door with a blanket still in it.  my sewing machine is on the table still threaded for the onsies i was making for him.  the pack and play is set up next to the bed, full of his stuff - a blanket, a paci, a diaper ready for changing.  there are still dirty cloth diapers sitting in the washing machine, i dont know if i can ever wash them now.  the shirt he was wearing when he died is still in my purse. 

i guess this is all i need to say.  i just need to get this out there, for those who dont know yet.
we are completely broken right now as we grieve for our son. 

14 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. What a hard thing to go through. Please know that we are praying for you and your family. (I don't know if you'd remember us but we used to attend Wheaton 1st and were pretty close to your mom.)
    Love and prayers,
    Donna Schelfhout

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this crying for you and your family. My heart and prayers go out to you all right now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do even tho I am a ways away.
    XOXOX
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. cannot imagine how you are feeling. my heart hurts for you, jordan and neva. life is so crazy and hard. seems so unfair. thank you for sharing honey.
    love and biggest of hugs*jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you. I can't imagine... All my love, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are heartbroken. Your pain must be overwhelming. Know we are praying for you and are crying with you. Love, Katie and Brad

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you, Jordan and Melissa and Neva. We are continually in prayer for your family.
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm sure you don't know me but I attend church with your mom and dad. I emailed her thursday morning to go to a yarn shop sale and she responded with the news. i started crying as if it were my own child. i called your mom and we cried together. I feel God has given me a burden of intersession for you and your family. Letting me bear part of what you are going thru. I will continue to pray and intercede for as long as God directs me. Grace and peace, Nancy (Allen, Brendyn, Sydney) Wirtz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Melissa,

    Lisa told me this sad news today and I am so sorry for your loss! I can still remember the way you said "I am ready, I can't wait to meet him..." when you visited the office. My heart goes out to you and baby Hudson.

    Love,

    Wei

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa - my heart has been breaking for you as soon as i heard the news. i can not imagine the grief you and your family are experiencing and i have been constantly praying for you guys - praying for some sort of closure, praying for your physical pain, praying for protection over your family. if there is any other way i can pray - or if there is anything else i can do - please let me know. all my love!
    Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a total stranger. I'm sorry for your loss. Hope you can keep blogging through your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missy,
    -Praying that each day as you rise, you have no choice but to ask Jesus to give you the strength..praying that in the searing pain, in the ache, in any fears, God will give you the tenderness to surrender all to Him...praying that in this time when you and Jordan have had such a loss you so intimately shared, during a time in which the two of you may respond differently, that Jesus holds you two tightly together -because the devil would like otherwise...and lastly, praying that as you have lost your little guy, that our Father would give you the transparency, wisdom, and patience with little Neva. You've faced something incredibly impossible to face on your own. And the very One who numbers our days, is the One you must trust to sustain your each and every breath.
    Hudson was a beautiful babe. The photos on your blog are priceless. We will continue to ask the LORD for His comfort over you guys.
    In Him alone,
    Harry & Mary (Pieper) Ghim

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a stranger as well,...as I read your blog I wasn't expecting my face to cover in tears and I am just so sorry that things like this ever happen to anyone. Having a 1 year old myself right now, I just can't imagine something like this happening. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I am sending up a prayer that the Lord will carry you through your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of many praying for you. I know your family from First Assembly. -Jenny Wise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Melissa and family, Its o.k. to mourn,
    there is no set time frame when ones heart is healing from brokenness. Your father God mends broken hearts, puts them together slowly piece by piece. But in the end he leaves 1 tiny bit missing
    because when all is said and done Hudson will always have the best piece of your heart.
    In our mourning we need to feel it, be with it and then release it. We leave it for a time and then revisit it.

    I lost my son as well. I still have his shoes in my closet. His clothes hanging up. His pictures next to my bed. A mothers love is unending. It has been 2 years now since his death. I did not think I could do 1 day. But God slowing mended my brokeness with an ointment of love, that family and friends poured on me.

    Today, I smile and thank my God that he has my son in his care. My mourning? I visit but now I do not stay there.
    Peace and Love to you and family.
    A very good friend of your wonderful mother.
    Debbie Nowak

    ReplyDelete